This past weekend I tested two brands of yogurt: Olympic Non-Fat Organic & Astro Original 0%.
The tools: 1 layer of cheesecloth, bowl and clips
- Cut cheesecloth to fit the circumference of the bowl you are using
- Clip the cheesecloth to the sides of the bowl TIP: mold the cheesecloth against the bowl so it too is in the shape of a bowl but be sure the cloth does not touch the bottom of the bowl (allow 3 inches of clearance)
- Gently spoon the yogurt onto the cheesecloth
- Cover the bowl with aluminum foil
- Place in fridge for 2 days
Olympic Non-Fat Organic
- Yogurt became thick
- The yogurt lost 1/3 of the volume
- 2 cups of whey strained into the bowl
Astro Original 0%
- Yogurt became really thick, it was almost cream cheese texture. Definitely much thicker than the Olympic Non-Fat Organic
- The yogurt lost 1/2 of the volume
- 1.5 cups of whey strained into the bowl
- Both the Organic Olympic and the Astro Original turned out nice and thick, just like Greek yogurt should be!
- But, I have a favourite! Astro Original 0% has officially become my go-to yogurt for making Greek yogurt.